Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

My current and future professional projects - a short list (update)

CHECK MY PROGRESS ON LINKEDIN
In my previous post My current and future professional projects - a short list, I kinda tracked down my current and planned projects.
In the meantime, I earned my Security+ certification and tomorrow I'm gonna become a US citizen.

I started having a clearer idea of what I want to do.
After my citizenship, I'll start looking at government jobs as well, as my certification is recognized by the US government (especially by the DoD).
Anyway, my goal remains the same: I don't want to do whatever job, I want to work in information security on the defensive end and then move to the offensive end.
I want to be a white hat hacker/pentester and to reach top levels in this industry.
I want to participate in hacking conferences such as Defcon and BlackHat, write and publish my own exploits and keep learning as more as I can, even by volunteering.
.
Anyhow, this is a short list of my current and scheduled projects I'm working on right now and I'll be working on over the next months.
It's not intended to be exhaustive and I'm quite hectic.
I like to keep my plate full.
I'm gonna try and keep it updated, as far as I can.
I'm never gonna stop, quit, or slow down.
I love what I do. I loved working in information security for a while because I feel on a mission to keep computer systems secure and to help people with security and computer problems.
That's why I want to go back working in infosec.
That's why I loved being a Desktop Support for 13 years.
.
With that being said, recruiters can reject me how many times they want, for whatever reason.
Not waiting on job postings anymore.
If I won't be able to find a job as Information Security Analyst, my plan is to achieve OSCP and then become an independent security researcher, participating in bug bounty and (hopefully) discovering CVEs.
I know I'm gonna get on top; you guys will maybe catch up with me. Or not.
CURRENT PROJECTS (seamlessly changing list)

MAIN GOAL: Achieving OSCP certification (Offensive Security Security Certified Professional) within 2017 or possibly by early 2018.

ACTIONS TO ACHIEVE THE GOAL:

a) OSCP preparation + CEH and/or eLearnsecurity PPTH/PTX study (or, possibly, certification, if I deem they're worth my time)

b) Free Advanced Penetration Testing class by Georgia Weidman on Cybrary (https://www.cybrary.it/course/advanced-penetration-testing/), backed up by her book, "Penetration Testing: A hands-on introduction to hacking"

c) Free Malware analysis online class (https://www.cybrary.it/course/malware-analysis/#)

d) Free online Splunk training

e) Building an advanced home lab (Building Virtual Machine Labs: A Hands-On Guide)

f) Volunteering and make connections through LinkedIn, ISSA and alike organizations.

g) Complete White Hat Hacking & Penetration Testing Bundle: https://stackskills.com/courses/enrolled/42189

h) pfSense learning

i) Python 3

j) Powershell

…………………………………………………………..(constantly adding new stuff).

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...