Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

My current and future professional projects - a short list

It looks like my job search isn't going to be easy, for several reasons.

I keep being contacted for irrelevant jobs or for good jobs, but out of Ohio (and I don't want to relocate right now).


I know what I want and, until I find it, I don't care. I have a job to support myself already.

I want a career, not a job.

I want to be a white hat hacker/pentester and to reach top levels in this industry.

I want to participate in hacking conferences such as Defcon and BlackHat, write and publish my own exploits and keep learning as more as I can.

Do you think it's a dream?

Dream shape reality and I want to shape mine this way. 

LinkedIn doesn't allow you to add a section like current projects, so I'm doing it here on my blog.

I find the lack of such a feature appalling. If the whole point of Linkedin is to help you find a job, why can't I inform a potential employer about what I'm doing right now?

The fact I'm not currently working in Information Security right now doesn't mean I'm idle. That's right what I DON'T want to convey.

I'm always studying, demoing, hacking and messing around with software, and my skills are constantly evolving and changing, so what can't I reflect that change?

Why should I supply a static snapshot of myself? Do you like your two-years-ago yourself? I'm not sure about that.

.

Anyhow, this is a short list of my current and scheduled projects I'm working on right now and I'll be working on over the next months.

It's not intended to be exhaustive and I'm quite hectic.

I like to keep my plate full.

I'm gonna try and keep it updated, as far as I can.

I'm never gonna stop, quit, or slow down.


I love what I do. I loved working in information security for a while because I feel on a mission to keep computer systems secure and to help people with security and computer problems.

That's why I want to go back working in infosec.

That's why I loved being a Desktop Support for 13 years.

.
With that being said, recruiters can reject me how many times they want, for whatever reason.

I don't give a damn.

Not waiting on job postings anymore.

Meet you guys on top up there.

I know I'm gonna get there; you guys will maybe catch up with me. Or not.

CURRENT PROJECTS (seamlessly changing list)

a) CompTIA Security+ certification self-study: https://www.cybrary.it/course/comptia-security-plus/ AND https://www.professormesser.com/security-plus/sy0-401/sy0-401-course-index/ (exam planned by late September 2017)

b) Free Malware analysis online class (https://www.cybrary.it/course/malware-analysis/#)

c) Free online Splunk training

d) Building an advanced home lab (Building Virtual Machine Labs: A Hands-On Guide)

e) Volunteering and make connections through LinkedIn, ISSA and alike organizations.

SCHEDULED FUTURE PROJECTS (AFTER SECURITY+)

f) Complete White Hat Hacking & Penetration Testing Bundle: https://stackskills.com/courses/enrolled/42189

g) pfSense learning

h) Python 3

i) OSCP certification

j)…………………………………………………………..(constantly adding new stuff)


Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...