Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

How to create a bootable Linux USB drive with Linux Live USB Creator

I'm currently studying Linux this semester and I found myself with the problem as my college uses Windows and the professor gives additional points is used Linux for your exercises.

I happened to have a 1 GB pen drive and I decided to create a bootable live Linux distribution on it.

So, after downloading the iso image of the distribution I wanted, I downloaded Linux Live USB Creator.

This program is very easy to use.

After choosing the destination pen drive, navigate to the ISO image of the Linux distribution.
   


You can configure a certain amount of space on the drive for persistence purposes but I don't recommend to do that because the official website states clearly that persistence isn't supported.

As a matter of fact, whenever I utilized that setting I've always had problems.

 If you haven't done it already, you have the option to format the key in FAT32.

Once you completed all the previous steps, you'll have to click the lightning icon to launch the installation.

When the installation completes, you'll be able to boot the USB drive from BIOS or to run Linux inside Windows from Portable VirtualBox.

In fact, the program creates a VirtualBox folder and, by clicking Virtualize_This_Key.exe, you can run the Linux distribution of your choice within a VirtualBox virtual machine from within Windows.


Note:  For certain computer models, you can have an error message when booting from BIOS (missing operating system).  If so, you may want to use Universal USB Installer that does a better job in making the drive bootable.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...