Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Firefox 34.0.5 - Do you Yahoo? No thanks!


 

I just updated Firefox to its latest version (34.0.5) and, like it had already been publicized in advance,  Yahoo! is now the default search engine, due to a long-term agreement with Mozilla.


Firefox 34.0.5 with the new default settings


As I don't like having to use Yahoo! as a default search engine and I'm not big on switching to Chrome for this, I found a quick solution to this problem that will surely please all the Firefox users as dissatisfied by this change as I am.



In fact, you can switch back to Google as a search engine by clicking the drag-down menu next to Search, choosing Change Search Settings and selecting Google as default search provider.




That done, you will only need to restart Firefox to revert it to the previous settings.

So if Mr.  Mozilla asks you if you Yahoo! you can answer "No!".

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...