The reasons why you blog can be numerous:
- Money: It would be nice but it's not my case. I can't make any money out of that and didn't think I would when I started out. I wouldn't be against it but so far it simply didn't happen nor I committed really hard for it to happen. Too much stuff going on.
- Fame: Really? I couldn't care less nor I think someone knows me anyhow.
- Sales promotion: Every blog post has usually its elevator pitch. I don't sell whopping recipes to increase your sales, or to find a new job in two weeks, or the perfect dress for your night out. I don't have a conversion rate, or a marketing campaign, I won't turn you into a millionaire through social media. I only try to share what I know.
- Self-promotion: Having an online presence helps recruiter find me. Nice but this is only one side of the coin.
- Wish to help: I REALLY love help people troubleshoot computer problems. When someone writes me or tells me "thanks, you helped me solve my problem" I feel rewarded because I've given my contribution to this world.
- Love for writing: I love writing about I.T. and I think I can do it good. I read a lot (websites, blogs, books) and I believe there's a lot of junk and copy/pasted material around and there's always room to make it better. Cocky? Maybe, but better cocky my way than publishing fake copy/pasted politically correct crap.
- Computer addiction: I spend most of the time on the computer and I use it for almost everything. I'm a computer junkie and that's how I could learn all I know. I write about what I tested personally over the years.
This is a phrase my writing teacher invented for a cliche in your essay (something like "who cares"?).
I don't know why I blog, I think there can be several reasons but "I still haven't found what I'm looking for".